World’s largest aircraft returns to market following a yearlong maintenance and upgrade.Antonov Airlines has transported four giant Waste Heat Boilers...
It is in the transportation of energy products that Antonov Airlines has achieved unrivalled success. Numerous world records have been set thanks to its in-house engineering expertise.
- Antonov Airlines broke a world record for carrying a power turbine stator weighing 135,200 kg (298,060 lb) in 1993 – then the heaviest single piece of cargo carried by air.
- Antonov Airlines’ AN-225 carried the heaviest single piece in aviation history (a generator and loading frame weighing a combined total of 189,000 kg (416,674 lb) in 2009.
- The AN-225 also carried the heaviest single piece across South America (a 182,000 kg [401,241 lb] transformer and frame) between Brazil and Chile in 2016.
- In 2018, Antonov Airlines successfully delivered twelve 160,000 kg (352,733 lb) heat recovery steam generators on a series of AN-225 flights between Chile and Bolivia.
- Extensive experience in the air transportation of generators, compressors, rotors and transformers.